The Hollywood Improv is thrilled to present their latest show, “Safe Space”, featuring the talents of Matt Ritter, Tony Sam, and more special guests!
Matt Ritter has recently traded in a promising career in law for an unstable career in comedy. A graduate of the University Pennsylvania Law School who has worked as a corporate lawyer at one of the top firm’s in the country, Ritter is now in show business, and is now making quite the name for himself. He founded a troupe of lawyers-turned-comedians, aptly named the “Comedians at Law”, who headline across the country from the Hollywood Improv to Gotham Comedy Club, in addition to many corporate gigs.
Ritter has also been a guest commentator on numerous programs on CBS News, Fox News “On the Record”, NBC, MTV.com, ComedyTime TV, and Askmen.com, has guest hosted Sirius XM “Raw Dog” Comedy, and is a writer for various publications like Above the Law, Bitter Lawyer, Reader’s Digest, and US Weekly. When he’s not in front of the camera, Ritter is behind it, having written and produced several shows, including A&E’s Duck Dynasty and Discovery’s “Fat N’ Furious.” He is also the co-creator of the television series Chained to My Ex, which premiered on MSNBC recently to rave reviews, and has sold scripted projects to Comedy Central and E! He’s also an on-camera host of multiple aftershows on Afterbuzz TV.
Tony Sam originally hails from the Midwest and got his start in comedy in Chicago before moving to Southern California. With a background in molecular and marine biology, he’s decided that science just isn’t for him and is dedicating his life to entertaining audiences.
This was probably for the best, as ever since he hung up his lap coat, Sam has been writing and producing various major TV shows, including Food: Fact or Fiction? with Michael McKean, MTV’s Ridiculousness, AWE’s Super Fan Builds, CNBC’s Jay Leno’s Garage, A&E’s Brandi and Jarrod: Married to the Job, and A&E’s Storage Wars: Barry Strikes Back. As an actor, Sam has appeared on TruTV’s Hack My Life, Those Who Can’t, Attack of the Show, and more. Sam’s debut comedy album, Scaredy Cat, released by Stand Up! Records, was highly acclaimed by the Huffington Post and LA Weekly.
- Please note that these are fully-vaccinated shows. Proof of vaccination for each member of the party with ID verification. By purchasing a ticket, you are attesting that each member of your party is fully vaccinated and can provide proof upon entry. Full vaccination is determined by current CDC guidelines, which can be seen here.
- Social distancing will not be required for fully-vaccinated shows. Attendees may be seated directly next to other parties.
- Seating is general admission and assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, with the exception of groups and premium booths.
- There is a two-item minimum purchase requirement in the showroom for all guests.
- No photography or video recording is permitted during performances.
- Cell phone use in the showroom is permissible only for contactless ordering and payment of food and/or beverages.
- All sales are final.
Hollywood Improv – The Lab
8162 Melrose Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90046
Date and Time
Thursday, October 7, 2021
Doors open at 7pm – show begins at 7:30pm
- Phone: (323) 651-2583
- Fax: (323) 655-9050
- Email: email@example.com