(LA Trend) — Standing at six feet two inches, Marcella Arguello’s height can seem pretty intimidating. However, it’s not her stature that you need to watch out for—it’s her comedy. Mixing book smarts with street smarts, Arguello ain’t afraid to speak her mind on subjects like race, gender, politics, relationships, family, work, music, pop culture, and whatever else she happens to be thinking about that day. One of her biggest endeavors right now is hosting and booking Women Crush Wednesdays, the hottest and most diverse show in L.A., which takes place every first Wednesday at The Hollywood Improv Lab.
Arguello’s debut album, The Woke Bully, debuted at #3 on the Billboard Comedy Charts and was named One Of The Best Comedy Albums of 2019 by NPR program Bullseye. The album is a combination of her unique perspective and feisty honesty, giving listeners a taste of what it’s like to experience her perform live. You may have seen her as a panelist on Lights Out with David Spade on Comedy Central; the second season of 2 Dope Queens on HBO; Night Train with Wyatt Cenac on STARZ; and brief guest appearances on Comedy Central’s Corporate and on episodes of FuseTV’s Trivial Takedown. Some of her other credits include writing for the renewed Netflix series, Bill Nye Saves The World, and the first season of the James Corden-produced show, Drop The Mic, on TBS.
Throughout her career, Arguello has garnered numerous accolades: MSN.com listed her as number 10 in their list of “Top female comedians working in film and television today” alongside Amy Schumer, Tiffany Haddish and Ali Wong; Vulture.com presented their list of “Comedians You Should and Will Know” and Marcella was the top industry pick which nabbed her a feature in the November issue of New York Magazine; and she was named an “LA Comedian to Watch in 2017” by Time Out Magazine while maintaining her reign as a fan favorite and six-time winner on Comedy Central’s @midnight with Chris Hardwick.
Also, Arguello won her appearance on TruTv’s, Comedy Knockout; was featured on Viceland’s Flophouse, and in 2015 on NBC’s Last Call with Carson Daly; and her stand up aws highlighted on rapper Tyler, The Creator’s mobile app and on Fox’s The Real. Arguello has an extremely popular Twitter account, which has been highlighted on CNN, Fox, TIME.com, HuffingtonPost.com and various entertainment websites.
She is a regular opener for Last Comic Standing Winner Felipe Esparza and NBC Superstore’s Nico Santos, and has opened for Hasan Minhaj at Carnegie Hall. Some of the major comedians she’s opened for include Hannibal Buress, David Alan Grier, Norm MacDonald, J.B. Smoove, Ron Funches, Godfrey, Al Madrigal, Joey Coco Diaz, Melanie Comarcho, Melissa Villaseñor and has shared a stage with Bill Burr, Paul Mooney, and Robin Williams. Arguello has worked at The Improv Comedy Clubs all over the country and is a regular at The Punch Line Comedy Clubs in Northern California, and has performed at The New York Comedy Festival, Bridgetown Comedy Festival, Chris Hardwick’s ID10T Festival, Riot LA Comedy Festival, Lucille Ball Comedy Fest, and overseas for American troops.
- Please note that these are fully-vaccinated shows. Proof of vaccination for each member of the party with ID verification. By purchasing a ticket, you are attesting that each member of your party is fully vaccinated and can provide proof upon entry. Full vaccination is determined by current CDC guidelines, which can be seen here.
- Social distancing will not be required for fully-vaccinated shows. Attendees may be seated directly next to other parties.
- Seating is general admission and assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, with the exception of groups and premium booths.
- There is a two-item minimum purchase requirement in the showroom for all guests.
- No photography or video recording is permitted during performances.
- Cell phone use in the showroom is permissible only for contactless ordering and payment of food and/or beverages.
- All sales are final.
Hollywood Improv – The Lab
8162 Melrose Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90046
Date and Time
- Wednesday, October 6, 2021
- Doors open at 7pm – show begins at 7:30pm
- Wednesday, November 3, 2021
- Doors open at 7pm – show begins at 7:30pm
- Phone: (323) 651-2583
- Fax: (323) 655-9050
- Email: email@example.com